Our Manifesto for the Gedling Borough Council Local Election 2019
Gedling Liberal Democrats believe that most residents are concerned about how Gedling Council can help improve the local area in which they live. This involves improving basic things such as street cleansing and the upkeep of parks and recreational areas. The council needs to spend less money on itself and more on providing such services in our local communities. Our priorities for our elected councillors would be:
- Restore the council's grass cutting service to 14 cuts per season in its parks and open spaces (currently reduced to 8 cuts per season.) Currently, our parks and open spaces look very scruffy.
- Restore dog muck/litter bins to our parks which the current council administration have removed.
- Ensure that litter hotspots are properly cleansed- there are too many areas that are currently overlooked by the council's street cleaners (particularly on footpaths.) Ensure that the council cuts back vegetation on footpaths that it owns (currently there is no funding for this.) Where appropriate place grit-bins on such public footpaths.
- Provide free collection of domestic fridges- saving money for the council in the long term by reducing fly-tipping.
- Provide an online register to the public so that residents know which authority is responsible for maintaining public footpaths.
- Ensure there is proper signage for burial plots in all of Gedling's cemeteries.