Porchester Liberal Democrats campaign for trees to be replaced
By Alan Dawson, Porchester Ward
- On 02/02/18 The two trees were subject of a TPO, recommendation (TPO 000108) that the Service Manager, Development Services, be authorised to make a Tree Preservation Order in respect of two Sycamore trees situated.
- What happened to the Tree Protection Order?
- On 20/02/18 A Tree felling application was submitted by the previous owner of Hazlehurst School. Reason for felling the trees was that they were a 'danger to the public and children attending'. At this time the school had been closed for two months and the building was close to being sold.
- On 08/03/18 Nottingham Post reports that the Hazlehurst School has new owners.
- On 09/03/18 Plans were submitted by A&G Architects for alterations. It stated that the trees were removed 'to prevent damage to existing building'.
- What was the real reason for felling the trees?
- Why did the previous owner make the application?
- On 11/07/18 Councillors of the Planning Committee expressed regret and sympathy regarding the trees being felled.